Preparing time- 20 minutes
Cook time- 40 minutes
Serves- 6 people
- San Remo Lasagna Sheet 375 g
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (to sprinkle on top before baking)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500 g beef mince
- 425 g San Remo tomato-based sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup Parmesan/cheddar cheese, grated
- Pre- heat oven to 190°C.
- To make the meat sauce, sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add beef mince and cook until browned.
- Stir in San Remo tomato-based sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 10-20 mins.
- To make the cheese sauce, heat butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add flour and mix until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and gently bring to the boil, stirring until thick and smooth.
- Add Parmesan or cheddar cheese, stir until melted.
- To construct lasagna, in a lightly greased baking dish, layer meat sauce, cheese sauce and lasagna sheets, (making sure the lasagna sheets are totally covered).
- Repeat layers, finishing with cheese sauce. Scatter over mozzarella cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil, bake 20 minutes. Remove foil, bake a further 5-10 minutes until browned.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!